Search
Filters

OMEGA

The history of the Swiss watch manufacturer Omega goes back to the year 1848. This year, Louis Brandt opened a watchmaking business in La Chaux-de-Fonds (Canton of Neuchâtel). The watches made there initially bore the brand name "Louis Brandt". After the founder's death, his sons relocated production to Biel. Here they took up the industrial production of watches from individual parts. As early as 1889, "Louis Brandt & Frères" employed more than 500 people who produced 100,000 watches.

In 1894, the name Omega first appeared, with which a pocket watch introduced in the same year was named. The term Omega should emphasize the exceptional quality of this watch, because Ω is the last letter of the Greek alphabet and stands metaphorically for "perfection". So this pocket watch was also of special quality and found in the professional circles of that time recognition.

Since 1903, after the death of the Brandt brothers, the fortunes of the company have been guided by their descendants. In subsequent years, Omega earned an excellent reputation with the construction of watches for special applications, such as sports, aviator or professional divers watches. In 1925, the collaboration began with Tissot, Le Locle and in 1930 together they founded the SSIH Group (Société Suisse pour l'Industrie Horlogère), under whose roof in 1932 the company Lemania was added. Today, Omega is part of the Swatch Group.

View as Grid List
Sort by
Display per page

Omega De Ville - In yellow gold

The Omega De Ville line was introduced in 1967, and has since embodied a sophisticated style that serves as an alternative to sports models. Characterised by a streamlined and classic design, and first-rate movements, the Omega De Ville has become known for its elegant lineage.
11 445,00 kr incl tax